Friday, February 17, 2012

The 2012 Intro

Quite a handful of people out there are legitimately concerned that the world will end in 2012.  I figure then I have no time to waste but to start sharing all the gems in this brain of mine before we are all obliterated.  I have less than a year to become a blogging sensation!

Seriously people, the world is not going to end in 2012.  The Mayans were pretty genius when it came to their mathematical and astrological advances, but they probably were in the middle of building the next calendar when Spanish conquistadors showed up.  Let's just say, they had bigger problems.  What really prompted me to revamp my blog was the fact that I used to write a lot.  I have a plethora of Facebook notes where I shared silly and embarrassing things that happened to me with my FB community.  I haven't written one in a very long time (not because embarrassing things don't happen to me anymore, but mostly because they are now almost all related to the influence of alcohol and even I'm too embarrassed to shamelessly embarrass myself).  My FB notes page has accumulated webs of Charlotte size proportions.  But when I traveled, it seemed I always had a will to write and a story to tell.  My everyday life isn't anything special, but as I get closer to the end of my college career, I begin to fear the juices in the creation side of my brain are going to start running dry if I don't keep them to good use.  My goal is NOT to make this my public "Dear Diary" because that is just....well to put it simply - Awful.  Dreadful, in fact.  No one wants to read that.  I don't even want to read that.....
"Dear Diary, today I woke up to the soft clanging of a silver spoon against a porcelain bowl.  I could only assume it was the early morning ritual of Rachel Perry, quietly consuming the luck of the Irish, (or Lucky Charm's in layman's terms) before she embarked on her day.  I forced myself back into a slumber, desperately wishing to return to my dreams of human-size penguins and talking dolphins....."

Yeah, no.

Anyway, my point is that I'd just like to get in touch with my thoughts again.  And there is some kind of shameless satisfaction in sharing them with other people.  If you choose to follow my ramblings, may the force be with you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahhaa oh god, i used to write a lot as well, although since i got into college i limited myself to write papers. i miss u a little, i still need to write the 11/11/11 night down, it was such an inspiration lol xo

    ReplyDelete